Graphic Communications Technology Program
British Columbia Institute of Technology - School of Business
Did you know?
- Did you know that the Graphic Communications Technology program has been operating for 5 years and has graduated 85 students?
- Did you know that each year, most graduates of the program have found employment in the industry, often with multiple job offers?
- Did you know that the range of opportunities for graduates of the graphic communications program includes pre-press, digital development and print, advertising agency work, sales, estimating, web-to-print, production coordination, bindery operations, and management?
Now you know... BCIT Works
“When I decided to return to school as a mature student it wasn’t simply to get a job, but to get a better job. The GTEC program has given me the education needed to find a solid, stable career. Even before completing the two-year program I have received a job offer from a very reputable company.” - Thom Hamilton, student
“I like being able to work hands-on to produce real print projects using the same high-tech equipment that is being used in the industry.” –Abby Almonte, student
“The program is challenging, but having a small class size helps because it promotes cooperative learning among students”-Ernie Lin, Student
Find out how you, your friends, or your family can engage in the BCIT Graphic Communications program and enter an industry that is dynamic and evolving.
The Canadian Printing Industries Association and British Columbia Printing and Imaging Association offer a number of scholarships for this program. These are easy to apply for, and greatly reduce the cost of attending. Visit the CPIA website for an application form:
Printing Industry Scholarship information
In addition, close to $10,000 per year in achievement awards from businesses in our community are presented to top students in the program.
- High School Graduation or Age 19+
- English 12 (P) or Communication 12 (P) or English language proficiency test at BCIT
- Any Math 11 (P) or OPMT 0199 or OPMT 0198 math assessment test
Find out more
Call us for more information, or to arrange a tour:
Wayne Collins,Program Head
- T 604.412.7518
- E Wayne_Collins@bcit.ca
- W bcit.ca, search GTEC
Visit our Website
BCIT Gtec Program
For fees - please see PDF of all program fee schedule, Page 2 - 10 rows down.
PDF of BCIT Program Tuition Schedule
BCPIA Student Membership