News Flash: Nov 7, 2016
We're looking for a new Executive Director for the Association. See our job posting here and read the job description here. Apply by November 28th.
The Association for Printers and Graphic Communications Professionals in Western Canada
We are now PrintForward, Printing and Imaging Association (formerly BCPIA)! On April 11th, 2016, our members voted unanimously at our AGM to adopt our new brand and new logo.
Our website will be updated by the end of the year to reflect the new brand, logo and to support our evolving industry. Check back to see what's new.
PrintForward's Value Proposition for Printers and Print Industry Companies
For printers and print industry companies, PrintForward provides resources, a voice to government, education programs and networking opportunities that are specific and unique to the industry.
PrintForward delivers valuable print industry-specific solutions that are only accessible through membership and through its affiliations with Printing Industries of America (PIA), the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME), and other industry associations.
Examples of the work we do for the Print Industry:
- Government lobbying through PrintForward and strong industry support resulted in the Graphic Communications Technology Program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) . The Task Force was struck in April 2003 with the programs’ first classes starting in September 2006. Nine classes have graduated from the program and all graduates are employed in the industry.
- PrintForward is a founding member of the newly formed Alliance of Manufacturers in BC and was also one of nine participants in the RethinkItBC campaign in the spring of 2014. Many points of this initiatives are featured at the right.
- PrintForward is part the consortium of three associations (PrintForward, Xplor and BFMA) that produce the "Working Together, We're Better" conference annually (since 2013). Our 2016 conference is jam-packed with relevant industry content and is on October 28, 2016 at the River Rock Hotel.
- Networking Opportunities are held regularly to encourage and strengthen relationships and sharing of knowledge, such as our annual Golf Tournament at Morgan Creek, the twice-yearly networking nights at community pubs, the annual Festive Dinner, as well as CME events and more.
- Access to printing industry resources is offered through affiliate memberships in the PIA and the CME and a Premium membership in whattheythink.com
- For more information, call our office at 604.542.0902 or email firstname.lastname@example.org